Grow Greene County Competitive Grant Application
- Grant application is available online October 1, 2020 or via email from email@example.com. We are encouraging online submission of grants this year on our new website that will be up Fall of 2020. Completed applications must be submitted by Wednesday, February 10, 2021. Grants can be dropped off during normal business hours at Greene County ISU Extension & Outreach 104 West Washington, Jefferson. On February 10th grant must be delivered to their office by 4:00 PM. Again, we encourage online submission but will accept hard copies this year.
- All applicants should be aware that their applications, and any required supporting materials, become public documents after submission. Non-profit organizations may need a letter of designation as a tax exempt organization from the IRS, a current Certificate of Existence from the Iowa Secretary of State stating that the applicant is an active Iowa non-profit. If the applicant organization files a federal IRS 990 or 990-N tax return, Grow Greene County may ask for a copy if needed.
- If the project takes place on state or local government property, school property or with government equipment, then the project must be listed on a resolution from the local government or school district acknowledging it. A copy of the resolution must be provided.
- Letters or documentation of confirmed matching funds, on the letterhead of the funding source would be appreciated. Please be aware that it may take several weeks to obtain these documents, so plan accordingly before submitting a grant.
- A copy of the Grow Greene County Compeitive Application can be found here to download for your planning purposes. We encourage you to use the online application for submitting your grant. Grow Greene County 2021 Competitive Application
How Much Can You Apply For?
The minimum grant request to Grow Greene County is $35,000. Grants less than $35,000 must be submitted to the Greene County Community Foundation: http://forgreenecounty.org/
Who Can Apply For Grow Greene County Competitive Grants
- Organizations that serve the residents of Greene County
- Nonprofit organizations
- Government entities, such as municipalities, school districts and county
- Groups sponsored by a government entity or another non-profit that agrees to manage the grant funds as a fiscal sponsor.
Grow Greene County Gaming Corporation (also known as Grow Greene) will generally not consider funding requests for the following:
- Ongoing annual operating expenses
- Any project at 100%
- Financial support for individuals or their families
- For-profit organizations or programs.
- Membership in civic or social organizations
- Endowment funds
- Projects directly related to religious worship
- Political activities
- Annual campaigns or capital campaigns for private organizations
- Fundraising events or activities – both private and public
If Awarded a Grow Greene County Grant
Competitive grant awards are made once per year in April. Representative must attend the awards ceremony and acknowledge Grow Greene County in project publicity & marketing.
Grant recipients must complete a Grant Reporting Form available on the Grow Greene County website and due on December 15th of the year funding is received. If they fail to do this the recipients may not be eligible for future Grow Greene grants.
Grant Application form
Grant Reporting form